For 4 days now i have been scratching my head over the pilots seat.
Kit part is laughable, Aires seat isnt perfect either.
I decided to build the seat from scratch, but its shape is so complex it will be while before its done.
While working on the seat i painted the cockpit in the RLM 66 color.
First i used the Tamiya XF-63 with few drops of XF-19 Sky Grey.
Highlights were done with thin XF-19, and shadows with X-19 Smoke mixed with drop of XF-50 Field Blue.
Next were oils:
Update on: 12/08/2010
Finally i have completed building the seat. The Aires seat had wrong shape.
Frame under the seat is modified kit part.
The padding was made using the Magic Sculp.
After painting it i will add the seatbelt from RB Productions.
Update on 14/08/2010
The floor completed.
Update on 16/08/2010
Dry brushing technique was used to highlight the details of the floor, and seat.
The seatbelts weathered with wet pigments.
Some more tweaking required before its done.