Bf 109 E-4/B oil cooler fix.

Before i joined the two halves of the hull, some details were added inside.

Plastic around the openings was thinned

The eges of the oil cooler firing were sanded thin, and alu foil inserts were glued on.

Part A-12 was cut in half.
It allows for better fit.
Four parts made from alu foil were added to both sides of the cooler to cover gaps which appear there.
Zap-A-Gap medium CA adds strength to the joints.

The fit is not bad actually.

Close up of the inside of the cooler with the alu foil part added.

Oil cooler surface sorted out, and the wing dry fitted in possition. I still need to add the pannel lines, and rivets, but when the rest of the hull is good.
The wing fits perfectly.

Length of copper foil was added to the cowling, where it meets the belly part of the wing.
I just discovered the one picture, where it clearly shows this area.

Next i have added the sheet of metal in front of the cooler.
Four slots were milled on both sides of the cowling to receive the PE clamps.

Next i roughly sanded some indentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment