"Shallow crossing" the load

Work started on the load for the Opel.
The potato crate is from styrene. Wood grain as always made with the coarse sand paper.
The bucket was rolled using some lead foil- usually found on the toothpaste tubes.
I actually used the tube from the condensed sweetened milk- same kind of stuff.
Bread, and spuds from Green Stuff putty.
I wanted to fill the bucket with some hay, and place the eggs inside it, but im having problems making the right shape eggs at the moment, so for the picture i have used the oxygen absorbers found in the shoe box, or the packet of peanuts.

"Shallow crossing" canvas roof.

I made the folded canvas roof using some leftover fast food alu foil container.

"Shallow crossing" interior painting

I identyfied 4 stages of interior assembly- priming, painting, weathering, and detail assembly.

First i used Chaos Black from Citadel Colour.
Then the Mr. Surfacer, and stiff brush were used to create the rough- fabric like surface texture.
After it dried i used same brush moistured with Halfords Cellulose Thinner to even it up a little.
Stage two was paint.
Tamiya`s XF-23 (light blue) sprayed evenly over the primed surface.

Stage 3- weathering.
I have sanded the surface using sandpaper grade 1200, which brought up lots of different shades of the base color. Then the fabric was sealed with Extracrylics Flat Varnish.
Basic dark wash applied.

Driver is painted.
Decals from Tamiya, medals are Aber PE.

Some more progress.
Windows are in.
I have made the newspaper bundle from cigarette papers.

There will be more items inside- like cans, boxes of bread, bucket with the eggs, and possibly few dead birds.

While still working on the interior few bits were done on the outside.
Scratch built mirror:

...and rear lights. I have left the civil configuration to highlight the roots of the vehicle, which started life as the civilian vehicle.

"Shallow crossing" suspension

Today the suspension was adjusted- one front wheel lowered, while the other was lifted up.
The wheels are fixed, but the final dusting, and wear will be added when the vehicle is fixe to the base.
Wheels are painted Nato Black and washed dark, and brown. Rusty wash around the rim.
Im still not sure about the rope- i may swap it for the steel cable later on.
The spade is from Aber an is mounted on turned toothpick.

"Shallow crossing" Lights.

Lights are from the kit, but i have damaged one, and exposed the rust invading the chrom-silver finish inside. I still need to match the color of the light frame with the rest of the body.
Broken glass fixed fresh- Micro Kristal Klear still curing.
The reg. plate is also from the kit.
In places where the plate is indented i poked the decal with the tip of the craft knife when the Micro sol was working on it, Into that texture i have applied the Brown Wash.

"Shallow crossing" painting.

Chaos Black primer followed by the XF-10 flat brown for deep rust.

Rear bumper was sprinkled with salt:

Tamiya`s Chrome silver X11 sprayed on the bumpers, followed by more salt to lower parts

XF-22 on. More salt mostly to upper parts:

XF-50 Field Blue spraye all over the body, followed by XF-19 highlights, and XF-63 for shadows:

Salt off:

Sand color Tamiya Weathering Stick was used to make the camo pattern.
Gloss cote on ready for decals.

Markings painted freehand. Fist dark wash applied.

"Shallow crossing"

The urge to paint was strong, so i started new- quick project, Bronco`s Opel Olympia Cabriolet crossing the small river.
Im using the Tamiya acrylic case to display the vignette on.
The driver is put together with the help of legs from Miniart, torso from Tamiya, hands, and head from Hornet.

Im thinking of painting the car in similar color scheme:

Front bumper replaced along with the brackets. Tip of the exhaust from brass tubing.
Gearstick from brass rod.
The driver is a mix of Miniart /legs/ Tamiya /torso/ and Hornet / hands, and the head/.

Finished, and ready for paint. Canvas, an lights will be added later on.

Bf 109 E-4/B exhaust housing fix

With the oil cooler area sorted out (bar rivets, an panel lines) i moved to the exhausts.
Instead of drilling holes in the front part of the exhaust slot i decided to make the new part out of the beer can.
In order to attach the part i left slight lip.

Quickboost exhaust dry fitted.

...and the new part is on. Im not bothered about the rough surface of the tin, as it only will add to the more realistic look.

It was quiet difficult to shape the part, but i think it looks much better than lump of plastic.