Due to plans to open the drivers door slightly i set to improve the overall look of the dashboard.
The closk faces were drilled out, and the insert was cast underneath, onto which the decals were applied.
I used the fibreoptic material to make the control lights.
First the end was blobed by the cigarette lighter, and then it was painted using the Tamiya Clear Red, and Green.
Even tho the dashboard will not be lit on this Opel model, it still makes for nice lights.
I was testing the technique for the Opel cabriolet model, which im planning on making with all the lights working. It should be easy to make, as now with the fibreoptics i only need one source of light.
Heres how it looks like with the background light on.